I haven't posted anything in a while because I thought it would sound like complaining. CFS has been particularly bad between the insomnia and increased pain. It really narrows life right down to the "just what has got to be done" stuff.
Despite the insomnia/pain battle, I have resumed my writing this past week. I sent in an assignment for the course I'm taking through the Institute of Children's Literature. I'm working on submitting "Chief Little Horse" to a publisher. And, I've resumed writing my next novel "Discovering Olivia." I need to write every day because when I do the pain fades into the background.
My darling husband was kind enough to drive me to a Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators event in Charlottesville on Saturday. I admire how much he is willing to serve me. I had to drive to C'ville three times last week and he didn't want me to do a fourth trip. Frankly, if he hadn't driven, I wouldn't have been able to go. I love the SCBWI events at the VA Festival of the Book. They always provide a much needed boost.
Finally, spring is definitely here in Central VA with alternating 70 degree and then 40 degree days. The pastures are greening up very nicely. The trees are beginning to bud. The horses are beginning to shed! Such hair!
Overall, life is good.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment